Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thanks for the encouraging and helpful comments on my introduction! I'm considering eliminating the portions about me and why I became a journalist (sorry Bruce!). Reason? I don't want this to be a book about me. Although I'm the one experiencing the stories, I'd rather my focus be on the characters in each story and keep myself away from making any thoughts or conclusions. I want the readers to make their own conclusions from their own reading experience.

However, I am in all the stories and readers may want to make that personal connection... so I'm still undecided. Perhaps I could include some personal information in an afterword...? Comments on this would be appreciated. I guess I need to take another vote! I know where Bruce stands (thanks Bruce). I definitely agree with Nadine that the "I don't know why I'm writing this book" portion needs to be removed (what was I thinking?). Thanks Nadine for the awesome advice!

Here's another thought, not all my stories take place in Yreka, but all over Siskiyou County. Maybe I should have a short introduction for each area and then have the applicable stories follow....?

Maybe I should just put all this on hold until I get more stories written. That's probably the best temporary solution.

I'm very interested in your thoughts on this, so please comment.

I have a record three followers now! Wooo hooo! Now if I can just figure out how to dress up my blog so that it looks more professional. I'm getting there!

No comments: